Dan Cory practices in a variety of areas including environmental compliance, transactional, complex litigation, and administrative law with a particular focus on environmental litigation and assisting clients in managing risks on environmentally impacted properties.
He also regularly presents on environmental topics and serves as an adjunct faculty member at Notre Dame Law School, teaching a course on environmental law and development, which covers both the specifics of Brownfield redevelopment as well as broader policy considerations where environmental and development interests intersect.
Dan also served as the primary attorney on a pro bono case that was litigated before the Board of Immigration Appeals and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- 2020, Selected for inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers – Environmental
- 2016-2019, Ranked by Chambers USA
- 2014-2018, Selected for inclusion in Indiana Rising Stars – Environmental
- 2013, Recipient of the Indiana Lawyer’s Up and Coming Lawyer Award
- 2008, Recipient of the David T. Link Award for Outstanding Service in the Field of Social Justice
- 2008, Recipient of the Dean Konop Legal Aid Award for Outstanding Service in the Notre Dame Legal Aid Clinic
- 2008, Recipient of the Conrad Kellenberger Award for Service Toward the Betterment of Notre Dame Law School and the Local Community
- 2007-2008, Recipient of Notre Dame School of Law’s Peter Lardy Memorial Scholarship Award
- 2007, Journal of Legislation, Notre Dame Law School
- J.D., cum laude, Notre Dame Law School
- B.A., Indiana University, Bloomington
- State of Indiana, 2008
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2008
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2008
- Vice Chair, ADR Committee, ABA Section of Environment, Energy and Resources
- Member, St. Joseph County Bar Association, New Lawyers Section
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association, Environmental Section (Treasurer 2017)
- Environmental Law Society, Notre Dame Law School (President 2006- 2007)
- Counsel, The Music Village music school
- Mentor, South Bend Community School Corporation Dream Team for Unity Program (2009-2015)
2014 | Speaking Engagement
Speaker, Indianapolis Bar Association CLE – Exploring the New ASTM Standard for Phase I Environmental Investigations
2013 | Speaking Engagement
Speaker, Herman Melville and Lemuel Shaw: American Values Reflected in Law and Literature
2013 | Speaking Engagement
Speaker, “Vapor Intrusion Guidance Update” – Indiana Environmental Management Conference
2010 | Publication
Author, “EPA Regulation of Greenhouse Gases under the Clean Air Act,” Environmental Section Newsletter, Indiana State Bar Association.