We work with pharmacists, physicians, physician groups, clinics and other health care providers develop and maintain compliant businesses by:
- Assisting with corporate strategy, including advising health care clients on matters of organizational structure and strategic direction.
- Assisting with transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, disaffiliations and separations, joint ventures and partnerships, affiliations, licensing agreements, and contracts for leased space, professional services, and supplies.
- Providing counsel regarding compliance with state and federal health care regulations, including Medicare, Medicaid and third-party reimbursement, Federal health care regulatory issues (e.g., DEA, Stark, HIPAA), fraud and abuse, and health privacy and security, professional licensing, and government audits and investigations.
- Advising on a diverse array of employment issues, including recruitment and hiring, discipline, termination, wage and hour compliance, state and federal civil rights law compliance, Worker’s Compensation, unemployment insurance, and employment-related risk management and litigation.
- Representing health care industry clients in complex litigation and regulatory enforcement matters at all levels, including state and federal trial and appellate courts and administrative tribunals.
- Advocating for insurance policyholders on a variety of insurance matters, including general liability, directors and officers, errors and omissions, cyber-security, employment practices liability, products liability, first-party property, health, fidelity bond, disability, long term care, and life insurance policies.