We value excellence and diversity in our team of lawyers, paralegals and staff. Our firm is fully committed to diversity and inclusion. Our attorneys come from top firms, as well as major corporations and prestigious judicial clerkships. Many have earned specialized degrees and have had significant careers prior to practicing law in fields such as engineering, biology, and journalism.
We continuously seek the best talent and hire new and experienced attorneys who are interested in a variety of practice areas such as litigation, insurance coverage, environmental, health care, real estate and business law. We seek attorneys who embrace the collaborative culture and entrepreneurial spirit that is a hallmark of our firm.
We also have a vibrant summer associate program. We seek outstanding candidates who have demonstrated academic excellence. Each year we look for a handful of law students with the ability to do excellent, sophisticated legal work and seek to live in Indianapolis or South Bend. Our summer associates work on meaningful projects and contribute substantially as members of our team. We consider it critically important to students’ experience and the firm’s success for summer associates to collaborate on a project, observe how a document gets crafted and polished, or brainstorm with a team. During the summer, law students work largely as they would as young associates. That often includes going to hearings, participating in depositions, doing research and writing, and interacting with clients.
PSRB seeks an associate for both litigation and transactional work with zero to five years of relevant work experience with progressively more responsibilities. This position provides an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to join a complex, sophisticated practice in a boutique firm environment. Candidates must have knowledge of substantive, evidentiary, and procedural law and excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate enjoys performing intellectually challenging legal work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment with high standards expectations and ample opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Zero to five years of experience relevant or transferable to practice involving litigation and transactional matters
- Broad drafting experience at a high level of complexity and quality
- Experience with or desire to learn real estate transactions, general corporate and corporate governance, including due diligence and drafting transaction and basic corporate documents
- Experience managing a workload of multiple clients and competing deadlines
- Commitment to advancing representation toward client-desired outcome and regularly meeting or exceeding client needs and expectations in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner
- Experience communicating orally and in writing with clients, opposing counsel, and/or judges
- Demonstrated commitment to producing consistently high-quality work
- Good sense of humor
- Outstanding analytical ability
- Exceptional writing skills
- Excellent legal research and computer skills
- Ability to articulate legal concepts, problems, and solutions in a persuasive, poised manner
- Strong organizational skills to manage varied workload and competing deadlines
- Ability to communicate with both clients and colleagues in an effective and timely manner
- Ability to work independently with partner input and supervision and as part of a team to meet deadlines
- Ability to be thoughtful, professional, and strategic in performing work
- Ability to develop positive relationships with colleagues, clients, opposing counsel, judges, consultants, court staff, and others with whom you regularly interact
- Full time employment
- Collaborative team environment
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) matching, and performance and other bonus opportunities
Please send your resume with a cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com, Attention: Debbie Fennessy.