We value excellence and diversity in our team of lawyers, paralegals and staff. Our firm is fully committed to diversity and inclusion. Our attorneys come from top firms, as well as major corporations and prestigious judicial clerkships. Many have earned specialized degrees and have had significant careers prior to practicing law in fields such as engineering, biology, and journalism.
We continuously seek the best talent and hire new and experienced attorneys who are interested in a variety of practice areas such as litigation, insurance coverage, environmental, health care, real estate and business law. We seek attorneys who embrace the collaborative culture and entrepreneurial spirit that is a hallmark of our firm.
We also have a vibrant summer associate program. We seek outstanding 2L candidates who have demonstrated academic excellence. Our summer program is unique from other firms. We expose summer associates to the practice of law by giving them meaningful projects and expect them to serve as contributing members of our team. We regularly participate in on-campus-interviewing programs at select law schools and accept résumés from qualified candidates throughout the year.
PSRB seeks a paralegal with a bachelor’s degree and either paralegal certification or three years or more of paralegal experience. Candidates will assist attorneys with research, document review, hearing preparation, and file management. The position involves litigation and occasional transactional work. The ideal candidate enjoys performing intellectually challenging legal work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment with high standards expectations and ample opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Has at least three years’ experience in legal research
- Drafts and edits legal memoranda, written discovery, communications, and other documents for internal and external purposes
- Provides highly responsive assistance to attorneys and clients
- Comfortably and effectively communicates orally and in writing with attorneys, clients, and others
- Cultivates positive relationships with colleagues, clients, consultants, and others
- Demonstrates ability to manage workload of multiple clients and competing deadlines
- Consistently produces high-quality work
- Responds timely to requests for information
- Daily enters time and descriptions accurately
- Excellent research skills, including government databases (e.g., property records, environmental reports)
- Excellent computer skills, including experience working with Lexis, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and e-discovery software
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work well with other professionals in a collaborative manner
- Ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously and maintain organized files
- Structured approach to assignments and able to prioritize workload while paying close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, solve problems, and regularly meet internal and external deadlines
- Four-year college degree, Paralegal Certificate
- Two-year college degree, Paralegal Certificate, with at least three years previous paralegal experience
Compensation Package consistent with education and experience
- Submit a cover letter, résumé, and transcript to Plews Shadley Racher & Braun LLP Human Resources Manager Debbie Fennessy at email@example.com.