Ryan Leagre concentrates his practice in the areas of insurance recovery and coverage litigation, business litigation, other complex commercial litigation, and personal injury. Ryan’s practice extends further to business counseling, which includes services related to business acquisitions and the purchase and sale of commercial real estate. Ryan also has experience in investigating and locating historic insurance policies, which can be valuable assets for policyholders and a source of funds for environmental property damage claims.
Ryan is an active member of the Indianapolis Bar Association and Indiana State Bar Association. He is a member of the Executive Committee of the Insurance Coverage Section of the Indianapolis Bar Association.
Prior to joining Plews Shadley Racher & Braun, Ryan was a Teach For America Corps Member and taught high school science for two years in Chicago.
- 2013, Executive Notes Editor, Indiana Law Review Volume 47
- 2017, Indiana State Bar Association, Leadership Development Academy
- J.D., 2014, summa cum laude, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- B.A., 2008, Biology and Chemistry, Wabash College
- M.A., 2010, Secondary Education, National Louis University
- State of Indiana, 2014
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2014
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2014
- Represents former oil refinery seeking insurance coverage for environmental liabilities under commercial general liability policies
- Represents pharmaceutical manufacturer seeking insurance coverage for environmental liabilities under commercial general liability policies
- Represented law firm seeking insurance coverage for claims of malpractice under a professional liability insurance policy
- Represents physician-inventor seeking unpaid royalties for medical products arising from multiple royalty agreements
- Represented landowner in breach of lease lawsuit against commercial agricultural tenants
- Represented owner of environmentally-impacted commercial property in search for decades-old insurance policies of prior land owners
- Represent client seeking damages for personal injury arising from car accident and in negotiations with negligent driver’s insurance company.
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Civic Committee 2017, Social Committee 2016
- Indianapolis, Bar Association, Insurance Coverage Section, Executive Committee 2017
- 2016 Community Justice Academy, Participant
2016 | Speaking Engagement
Presenter, The New Overtime Rule, Indiana Petroleum Marketers Association’s 2016 HR Compliance Seminar
2015 | Publication
The Dreaded Pre-Tender Issue: Indiana Courts Should Reconsider Whether Pre-Tender Costs are Recoverable, Indiana Law Review Blog, April 23, 2015.
2014 | Publication
“Community-Based Tax Credits: Tax Credits that Reduce Consumer-Driven Pollution by Encouraging Collective Action,” Indiana Law Review, Volume 47, Issue 3 (2014)
2013 | Publication
Co-Author, Pre-Tender Costs Should Be Recoverable Absent Prejudice, American Bar Association Environmental Litigation Winter Newsletter, 2013