Colin E. Connor practices in a variety of areas including environmental litigation, insurance coverage, and health care. He has extensive experience with various types of insurance policies, including commercial general liability (“CGL”), first-party property, pollution-liability policies, etc. He works on high stakes cases with hundreds of millions of dollars at issue, as well as small individual claims.
Additionally, Colin handles environmental cases. His practice includes representing individuals seeking to redress environmental harms done to them. He also represents facilities facing environmental class actions and other administrative, statutory, and common-law claims.
Colin also represents health care providers before various administrative law bodies, including the Medical Licensing Board, the Board of Pharmacy, the Board of Nursing, and the Worker’s Compensation Board.
He also has litigated various other complex matters involving construction defects, breach of contract, and other business-related matters.
- 2017, Indiana Lawyer’s 2017 Leadership in Law Up and Coming Lawyer
- 2012-2019, Selected for inclusion in Indiana Rising Stars – Insurance Coverage
- 2014, Selected by the Indiana State Bar Association as one of only 25 participants in its 2015 Leadership Development Academy
- 2012-2013, Participant in Indianapolis Bar Association’s Bar Leader Series
- 2006-2008, Law School Merit Scholarship
- 2008, Managing Editor, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies
- 2008, President, Sports & Entertainment Law Society
- 2008, Indianapolis Bar Association’s Annelee Webb Miller Scholarship
- J.D., 2009, Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington
- B.A., 2005, High Distinction, Spanish and Political Science, Indiana University-Bloomington, Hutton Honors College
- State of Indiana, 2009
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2009
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2009
Town of Knightstown v. Wainscott, 70 N.E.3d 450 (Ind. Ct. App. 2017).
Eli Lilly & Co. v. Commercial Union Insurance Co., No. 49D12-1301-PL-002312, slip op. (Marion County Superior Court Jan. 9, 2014)
Meridian Mut. Ins. Co. v. Majestic Block & Supply, Inc., 1 N.E.3d 173 (Ind. Ct. App. 2013).
SAMS Hotel Group, LLC v. 1st Source Ins. Inc., No. 49S10-0903-PL-012196, slip op. (Marion County Superior Court Jan. 30, 2013)
Ind. Spine Group, P.C. v. Pilot Travel Ctrs. LLC, 959 N.E.2d 789 (Ind. 2011).
Ind. Spine Group, P.C. v. Handleman Co., 944 N.E.2d 497 (Ind. Ct. App. 2011), trans. denied, 2011 Ind. LEXIS 1022 (Ind. Nov. 17, 2011).
Ind. Spine Group, P.C. v. Int’l Entm’t Consultants, 940 N.E.2d 380 (Ind. Ct. App. 2011), trans. denied, 2011 Ind. LEXIS 1039 (Ind. Nov. 17, 2011).
Ind. Spine Group, P.C. v. Hardigg Indus., 944 N.E.2d 580, 2011 Ind. App. LEXIS 382 (Ind. Ct. App. Mar. 2, 2011), trans. denied, 2001 Ind. LEXIS 1019 (Ind. Nov.17, 2011).
Ind. Spine Group, P.C. v. All Seasons Holdings, Inc., 931 N.E.2d 440, 2010 Ind. App. Unpub. LEXIS 1107 (Ind. Ct. App. Aug. 10, 2010), trans. denied, 2011 Ind. LEXIS 1021 (Ind. Nov. 17, 2011).
Ind. Spine Group v. Scenic Hills Care Ctr., 931 N.E.2d 440, 2010 Ind. App. LEXIS 1527 (Ind. Ct. App. Aug. 10, 2010), trans. denied, 2011 Ind. LEXIS 1020 (Ind. Nov. 17, 2011).
- Vice Chair, Indianapolis Bar Association, Environmental Law Section (2018-Present) (Secretary, 2017; Treasurer, 2015-2016; At Large Member 2014-2015)
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association
- Member, Indianapolis Bar Association- Young Lawyers Division, Litigation Section, Environmental Law Section, Appellate Practice Section
- Member, American Society for Pharmacy Law
- President, Board of Directors, Mapleton-Fall Creek Development Corporation
- Member, Advisory Board, Horizons at St. Richard’s Episcopal School
- Volunteer, Child Advocates
- Past Volunteer, Exodus Refugee Immigration
- Member, Watson McCord Historic Initiative Project
2015 | Speaking Engagement
Presenter, “Community Pharmacy CE: Practical Tips for Managing Risk”, Community Pharmacies of Indiana, May 2015
2013 | Speaking Engagement
Speaker, “Volunteering With Child Advocates” – Presentation to Indiana Paralegal Association, Inc.
2012 | Speaking Engagement
Speaker, “Litigating Insurance Coverage Claims: From Start to Finish” – National Business Institute Continuing Legal Education
2017 | Speaking Engagement
Speaker, “Commercial General Liability (CGL) Policy: the Complete Guide CLE”, National Business Institute Continuing Legal Education