Colin E. Connor practices in a variety of areas including environmental litigation and insurance coverage. He has extensive experience with various types of insurance policies, including commercial general liability (“CGL”), first-party property, pollution-liability policies, etc. He works on high stakes cases with hundreds of millions of dollars at issue, as well as small individual claims.
Additionally, Colin handles environmental cases. His practice includes representing individuals seeking to redress environmental harms done to them. He also represents facilities facing environmental class actions and other administrative, statutory, and common-law claims.
He also has litigated various other complex matters involving construction defects, breach of contract, and other business-related matters.
- 2012-2022, Selected for inclusion in Indiana Rising Stars – Insurance Coverage
- 2021, Selected as a finalist for Indy’s Best and Brightest in the Law Category
- 2017, Selected as an Indiana Lawyer Leadership in Law Up and Coming Lawyer
- 2015, Selected by the Indiana State Bar Association as one of only 25 participants in its Leadership Development Academy
- 2012-2013, Participant in Indianapolis Bar Association’s Bar Leader Series
- 2006-2009, Law School Merit Scholarship
- 2008-2009, Indianapolis Bar Association’s Annelee Webb Miller Scholarship
- 2008-2009, Managing Editor, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies
- 2008-2009, President, Sports & Entertainment Law Society
- J.D., 2009, Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington
- B.A., 2005, High Distinction, Spanish and Political Science, Indiana University-Bloomington, Hutton Honors College
- State of Indiana, 2009
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2009
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2009
Goldblatt v. Gov’t Employees Ins. Co., No. 49D07-1512-PL-039640, slip op. (Marion County Superior Court May 23, 2017).
Town of Knightstown v. Wainscott, 70 N.E.3d 450 (Ind. Ct. App. 2017).
Eli Lilly & Co. v. Commercial Union Insurance Co., No. 49D12-1301-PL-002312, slip op. (Marion County Superior Court Jan. 9, 2014).
Meridian Mut. Ins. Co. v. Majestic Block & Supply, Inc., 1 N.E.3d 173 (Ind. Ct. App. 2013).
SAMS Hotel Group, LLC v. 1st Source Ins. Inc., No. 49S10-0903-PL-012196, slip op. (Marion County Superior Court Jan. 30, 2013).
Ind. Spine Group, P.C. v. Pilot Travel Ctrs. LLC, 959 N.E.2d 789 (Ind. 2011).
Ind. Spine Group, P.C. v. Handleman Co., 944 N.E.2d 497 (Ind. Ct. App. 2011), trans. denied, 2011 Ind. LEXIS 1022 (Ind. Nov. 17, 2011).
Ind. Spine Group, P.C. v. Int’l Entm’t Consultants, 940 N.E.2d 380 (Ind. Ct. App. 2011), trans. denied, 2011 Ind. LEXIS 1039 (Ind. Nov. 17, 2011).
Ind. Spine Group, P.C. v. Hardigg Indus., 944 N.E.2d 580, 2011 Ind. App. LEXIS 382 (Ind. Ct. App. Mar. 2, 2011), trans. denied, 2001 Ind. LEXIS 1019 (Ind. Nov.17, 2011).
Ind. Spine Group, P.C. v. All Seasons Holdings, Inc., 931 N.E.2d 440, 2010 Ind. App. Unpub. LEXIS 1107 (Ind. Ct. App. Aug. 10, 2010), trans. denied, 2011 Ind. LEXIS 1021 (Ind. Nov. 17, 2011).
Ind. Spine Group v. Scenic Hills Care Ctr., 931 N.E.2d 440, 2010 Ind. App. LEXIS 1527 (Ind. Ct. App. Aug. 10, 2010), trans. denied, 2011 Ind. LEXIS 1020 (Ind. Nov. 17, 2011).
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Environmental Law Section Leadership (2014-2020) (Immediate Past Chair, 2020; Chair, 2019; Vice Chair 2018; Secretary, 2017; Treasurer, 2016; At Large Member 2014-2015)
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association
- Member, Indianapolis Bar Association- Insurance Coverage Section, Litigation Section, Environmental Law Section
- Member, St. Richard’s Episcopal School Foundation Board
- Member, Midtown Economic Council (2019-present)
- President, Board of Directors, Mapleton-Fall Creek Development Corporation (2017-2018) (Board Member, 2013-2018)
- Member, Advisory Board, Horizons at St. Richard’s Episcopal School (2012-2020)
- Past Volunteer, Child Advocates
- Past Volunteer, Exodus Refugee Immigration
- Past Member, Watson McCord Historic Initiative Project
2023 | Co-Author
Co-Author, Relue, Connor & Townsend: The future’s so bright (I gotta wear shades), The Indiana Lawyer
2022 | Author
Insurance Coverage Law 101, Indiana Manufacturers Association Magazine, May 2022
2017 | Speaking Engagement
Speaker, “Commercial General Liability (CGL) Policy: the Complete Guide CLE”, National Business Institute Continuing Legal Education
2015 | Speaking Engagement
Presenter, “Community Pharmacy CE: Practical Tips for Managing Risk”, Community Pharmacies of Indiana, May 2015
2013 | Speaking Engagement
Speaker, “Volunteering With Child Advocates” – Presentation to Indiana Paralegal Association, Inc.
2012 | Speaking Engagement
Speaker, “Litigating Insurance Coverage Claims: From Start to Finish” – National Business Institute Continuing Legal Education