Nabeela Virjee has an extensive litigation background which she uses to represent individuals in personal injury, employment, and civil rights cases. Her career began at a well-respected mid-sized insurance defense firm where she represented clients in both state and federal court in professional liability, product liability, premises liability, and employment law matters. She credits her mentors with teaching her the importance of keeping clients well informed throughout the life of a matter while also expertly managing a high volume of cases in accordance with pre-trial deadlines.
Nabeela sharpened her trial skills when she served as Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of Indianapolis under the Hogsett administration. While there, she was responsible for defending the City in federal employment matters and civil rights cases. She secured a favorable ruling for the City against a 1st Amendment challenge to a sign ordinance at the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals. She also won a $60M suit filed by a real estate developer alleging the City violated various federal and state laws by failing to provide $4M in public financing for the developer’s project. That case required Nabeela to manage an external ESI team and brief various complex motions.
After leaving the City, Nabeela became the Deputy Trustee of the Pike Township Trustee’s Office where she oversaw all aspects of local government: administering township finances, attending board meetings, overseeing human resources, administering the Township’s Assistance Program, and ensuring compliance with all State regulations. The executive leadership skills Nabeela gained have broadened her skill set and allowed her to look at the problems her clients face with a more decerning lens.
After two years in township government, Nabeela felt called back to the courtroom. She now follows her passion of representing people, especially those from marginalized communities, in personal injury, employment and civil rights matters.
- 2017, Selected for Inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers – Rising Star in Employment Litigation
- 2015, Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana’s “Outstanding Young Lawyer”
- J.D., Indiana University – Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- B.A., (Secondary Education-English), Indiana University, Bloomington
- State of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Member, Indianapolis Bar Association
- Member, Indiana Bar Association