Kevin Toner has practiced for more than thirty-five years as a successful business advocate and trial lawyer in key cases, including League of Women Voters of Mich. v. Benson, Thomson Inc. v. XL Ins. Am., Inc., Glasforms, Inc. v. Taishan Fiberglass, Inc., and Travelers Cas. and Surety Co. v. United States Filter Corp.
Kevin has directed many local, national, and international insurance coverage insurance recovery matters. He regularly counsels public corporations, private and closely held businesses, and nonprofits as to their claims, corporate risk management strategies, and complex insurance coverage renewals. Kevin is also an experienced toxic torts and business control disputes trial attorney. He has successfully defended manufacturers in complex groundwater contamination, personal injury, and asbestos wrongful death cases in state and federal courts.
Kevin’s legal representations span global manufacturing, agribusiness, research pharmaceutical, medical device, hospital, physician group, computer technology, financial services, higher education, charitable foundations, colleges, universities, and other nonprofit clients. An expert in insurance coverage, product liability, supply and software contracts, class actions, and toxic torts, Kevin has successfully tried, arbitrated, and resolved cases in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Oregon, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
Kevin regularly dedicates substantial time to pro bono cases and has long served as a director on the boards of legal services organizations in Indianapolis.
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation, a global legal honorary society limited to the top one percent of licensed attorneys, judges, and law professors as recommended by their peers and elected by the Board
- Benchmark Litigation — General Commercial, Product Liability, Securities
- Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, A Trial Lawyer Honor Society
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation — Distinguished Life Fellow
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Indiana Super Lawyers — Insurance Coverage, Civil Litigation Defense
- Assistant Editor, Harvard Environmental Law Review (1986)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- J.D. 1986, Harvard Law School
- A.B., 1983, summa cum laude with highest distinction and departmental honors, Indiana University, Bloomington
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- State of Indiana
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association
- Member, Indianapolis Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Indianapolis Bar Foundation, 2018-2022
- Board of Directors, Indianapolis Legal Services, Inc., 2011-2017