Kevin Toner has practiced for more than thirty-four years as a successful business litigator and trial lawyer in key cases, including League of Women Voters of Mich. v. Benson, Thomson Inc. v. XL Ins. Am., Inc., Glasforms, Inc. v. Taishan Fiberglass, Inc., and Travelers Cas. and Surety Co. v. United States Filter Corp.
Kevin has directed many local, national, and international insurance coverage insurance recovery matters. He regularly counsels public corporations, private and closely held businesses, and nonprofits as to their claims, corporate risk management, and complex insurance coverage renewals. Kevin is also an experienced toxic torts trial attorney. He has successfully defended international manufacturers in complex groundwater contamination, personal injury, and asbestos wrongful death cases in state and federal courts.
Kevin’s legal representations span global manufacturing, agribusiness, research pharmaceutical, medical device, hospital, physician group, computer technology, financial services, higher education, charitable foundations, colleges, universities, and other nonprofit clients. An expert in insurance coverage, product liability, supply and software contracts, class actions, and toxic torts, Kevin has successfully tried, arbitrated, and resolved cases in Indiana, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Florida, Ohio, Oregon, Massachusetts, Michigan, and New York.
Kevin is a frequent lecturer for corporations, associations, and trade groups on E-Discovery, Insurance Coverage, Document Retention, Privilege, and Internal Investigations. He regularly dedicates substantial time to pro bono cases and has long served as a director on the boards of legal services organizations in Indianapolis.
- Benchmark Litigation — General Commercial, Product Liability, Securities
- Litigation Counsel of America Trial Lawyer Honor Society — Senior Fellow; Barrister, Order of Centurions, Diversity Law Institute; Trial Law Institute
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation — Distinguished Fellow
- Indiana Super Lawyers — Civil Litigation Defense
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Assistant Editor, Harvard Environmental Law Review (1986)
- J.D. 1986, Harvard Law School
- A.B., 1983, summa cum laude, Indiana University, Bloomington
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- State of Indiana
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, 7th Circuit Bar Association
- Member, Indiana Bar Association
- Member, Indianapolis Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Indy Bar Foundation, 2018-present
- Board of Directors, 2001-2017