PSRB seeks Marketing Director
Plews Shadley Racher & Braun LLP, located in Indianapolis, IN, is looking for a creative and energetic marketing director to develop the Firm’s marketing strategy and successfully coordinate the implementation by working with individuals both inside and outside the Firm. The ideal candidate will be interested in collaborating with the Firm’s leadership, partners, and associates to proactively identify opportunities and develop internal processes that drive results. If you have experience working in a tactical marketing role for a large or mid-sized firm and are ready to move up to a more strategic position, or if you are currently with a small firm and looking for a broader challenge, your background would be a good fit for this role.
The marketing director will oversee all aspects of marketing and business development including marketing communications, event and sponsorship coordination, and media relations, as well as preparing presentation materials, collateral and advertising. The position will also work with the attorneys and Firm leadership to identify new clients for the firm, expand work with existing clients, and assist individual attorneys with their business development planning.
This person may also occasionally be called upon to draft internal communications to employees regarding decisions and policies of the partners. Therefore, the individual will be held to very high standards of maturity, confidentiality and loyalty to, and respect for the Firm.
The position is supported by a dedicated Marketing Committee comprised of the Firm’s partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or related field
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a marketing position
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent proofreading and copy editing skills, with a strong command of grammar, spelling and familiarity with AP Style
- Familiar with the Indianapolis business community
- Highly skilled at media relations, both reactive and proactive
- Strategic, creative thinker
- Superior interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organized, with an eye for detail
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and quickly identify priorities
- A strong working knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop and desktop publishing
- Experience in legal services or professional services industry preferred
- Offering strategic, creative thinking to enhance the Firm’s marketing communications and business development efforts.
- Directing the Firm’s local, state and national media relations, as well as the various legal directories and rating organizations. This includes developing and maintaining a strong base of media contacts, developing the firm’s media strategy, identifying and implementing proactive news media pitches and tracking and reporting placement.
- Managing and executing client development events, seminars and external sponsorships.
- Developing and managing the marketing budget and plan in coordination with the Marketing Committee and Firm management.
- Acting as an internal consultant to the Marketing Committee and individual attorneys to help them effectively initiate and execute client development efforts, including development, tracking, and scheduling of prospective and current client opportunities.
- Nominating attorneys for Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers and other practice-area awards.
- Maintaining and promoting the Firm’s brand, working with our external communications agency to create templates and standards to ensure that the Firm communicates a consistent image.
- Managing the relationship with the Firm’s external communications agency, consulting on the development of marketing materials, advertising, external communications (including newsletters, press releases, and client surveys) and web content (including Firm’s website, blogs and social media).
- Tracking and reporting media relations and marketing results, and sharing key learnings with the partners.
- Assisting with requests for proposals to perform legal services.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Dona Stohler at email@example.com.