Chris Braun has practiced for more than 33 years and focuses on a variety of complex litigation, transactional, administrative and legislative matters. Since 1993, Chris has also served as General Counsel to the IPCA.
As defense counsel, Chris has been retained in hundreds of cases to represent individuals and corporate defendants in a wide variety of complex claims and lawsuits involving breach of contract, business litigation, toxic tort, real estate, insurance coverage and environmental matters. As plaintiff’s counsel, Chris regularly represents individuals and corporations in similar matters and has served as lead counsel in dozens of client matters that have each resulted in recoveries of more than $1,000,000.
Chris has also served as lead counsel in numerous transactions for both buyers and sellers of environmentally impacted properties and businesses.
Chris has also assisted in the drafting of more than 30 pieces of legislation, including numerous appearances to testify regarding legislation.
- 2018, Bishop William L. Higi Leadership Award
- 2004-2018 Selected for inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers – Environmental Law
- 2017-2018 Selected for inclusion Indiana Super Lawyers as one of Indiana’s Top 50 Super Lawyers
- 2004-2018 Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America – Environmental and Environmental Litigation
- 2011 Distinguished Senior Fellow, Indiana Bar Foundation
- 2010 Recipient of Indiana Lawyer’s Distinguished Barrister Award
- 2008 Inducted as a Fellow to the American College of Environmental Lawyers as a leading environmental lawyer in Indiana.
- More than 20 years – Martindale-Hubble AV Peer Review Rating
- J.D., 1984, Southern Methodist University
- B.A., 1981, (Political Science), Wabash College; Centre for Medieval and Renaissance Studies (Political Science and English), Oxford, England, 1980-1981
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 1988
- United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, 1988
- District of Columbia, 1984
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, 1986
- United States Supreme Court, 1987
- State of Indiana, 1988
- Registered Civil Mediator beginning in 1996
Since 2001, Chris has served as an Adjunct Professor of Law at The Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law teaching more than 1,000 students advance trial techniques and alternative dispute resolution.
- Fellow, American College of Environmental Lawyers
- Member, American Bar Association Sections Litigation, Tort and Insurance
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association Litigation and Environmental Sections
- Member, Indianapolis Bar Association
- Member, Indiana Bar Foundation
St. Theodore Guerin Catholic High School, Noblesville, IN
- Chairman and Founding Member for the development, fundraising and construction of a new $30 million Catholic High School
- School Governing Board Member
- Chairman, Curriculum Committee
St. Maria Goretti Catholic School, Westfield, IN.
- Chairman and Founding Member development, fundraising and construction of a new $8 million K-8 Catholic Grade School
Park Tudor School, Indianapolis, IN
- President, Park Tudor School Board of Directors
- Park Tudor School Board of Directors – Previously Served as Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary
- Chairman, Park Tudor Head of School Succession Committee
- Chairman, Park Tudor Strategic Management Plan 2011-2015
- Chairman, Park Tudor Finance Committee
- President, Park Tudor Booster Club
- Park Tudor Co-Curriculum Committee Member
2017 | Speaking Engagement
Webinar Speaker, “Environmental Risk Management: Principles and Application”
2017 | Publication
ISBA “ELTF Off the Shelf: Perception on Legislation and Rule Changes to the ELTF”
2015 | Speaking Engagement
Speaker at ISBA ICLEF Presentation on “Environmental Dilemmas, The Tougher Topics of Business Law”
2015 | Publication
ISBA Environmental Law CLE: “The Past, Present and Future of Indiana’s Successful ELTF Program”
2015 | Publication
“Property Tax Appeals: Are You Paying Too Much In Property Taxes Based On An Inflated Property Valuation?” Summer 2015 Edition, Fueling Indiana.