John Bridge is a retired partner and is the founder and the original Chair of the law firm’s Healthcare and Life Sciences Practice Group. While a partner at the firm, he also was a founder and an Executive Vice President and General Counsel of a leading Midwest healthcare management company that merged into and became part of a larger national healthcare management company.
John’s other work at the law firm has focused on corporate transactions, including real estate sales and purchases, financings, leases, contracts, and negotiations. John has guided and effected the acquisition or sale of property and other assets and business interests in diverse fields including petroleum marketing, health services, insurance, alternative energy and environmental consulting.
- Acquisition by Astbury Environmental Engineering, Inc. of Air Analysis, Inc., 2009
- Acquisition of Astbury Environmental Engineering, Inc., 2004
- Formation of Horizon Properties I, LLC and Horizon Properties II, LLC, 2003
- Sale of Assets of Bruce Miller Oil Co., Inc., 2002
- Acquisition of business from, and issuance of convertible notes to, The Centris Group, Inc., by Novia Underwriters, Inc., 1998–1999
- Formation and Capitalization of Novia Underwriters, Inc., an Indiana managing general underwriter, 1997.
- Formation of Seaboard North American Holdings, Inc., a Canadian insurance holding company with consolidated assets of $1,000,000,000, 1995–1996
- Sale of VASA Life Insurance Company to Eureko B.V. and by Eureko B.V. to Seaboard Life Insurance Company of Canada, 1993
- Acquisition of VASA North America, Inc. by Eureko B.V. of The Netherlands, 1992
- Sale by WASA Insurance Group of Neptunus CRC Ltd., a British insurance broker, 1991
- Acquisition of VASA Life Insurance Company, an Indiana life insurance company, 1990
- Acquisition of Brougher Insurance Group, Inc. by VASA North America, Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of WASA Insurance Group of Sweden, 1988–1989
- Sale of interest in Kansa International, Inc., an Indiana insurance holding company, to Kansa Insurance Group of Finland, 1987–1988
- Initial public offering by Brougher Insurance Group, Inc., 1986
- Formation of Intercontinental Corporation, an Indiana third party administrator, and sale of minority interest to three European insurance companies, 1986
- Acquisition of VASA North Atlantic Insurance Company, an Indiana property and casualty insurance company, and sale of minority interest to Vegete Insurance Group of Sweden, 1985
- Acquisition of Sterling Investors Life Insurance Company, a Florida life insurance company, 1985